Friday, January 7, 2011

Pansy Petals

Pansy Petals
8x8 Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Edges painted in a deep, warm yellow
SOLD
Pansies are always fun to paint. They come in such a variety and combination of colors, you could use every color on your palette - and I do! Maybe someday I will paint a patio full of pansies - then you'll see just how many colors one person can use in a painting! Purple has always been my favorite pansy color, so for this painting I restrained myself.
I use Winsor & Newton Galleria Acrylic paints, as well as WN brushes and canvases. My palette is a Creative Mark covered plastic palette from Jerry's Artarama, so paint stays moist day to day. The majority of my WN Galleria Acrylics are transparent, which I really enjoy. Having used watercolor for so long, it is easy for me to now paint on canvas and mix my colors accurately.
I use WN watercolors too - I just seem to be a Winsor & Newton girl!

Here is a closeup of the brushwork on Pansy Petals:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...