Monday, February 14, 2011

Purple Anemones


Purple Anemones
10x10 Acrylic
1.5" Gallery Wrap Canvas
$95.00 includes Free Domestic Shipping
Purple Anemones was a fun little painting to do. I underpainted the canvas in periwinkle blue, which gave it a nice cool undertone. My purples were mixed with all three of my blues - cobalt, manganese and ultramarine, along with you guess it - all my pinks and magentas! I wanted a neutral, warm background, so naples yellow and raw sienna fit the bill. Was at The Greenbrier again this past weekend demoing in front of The Colony Gallery and met lots of nice guests. I completed two small paintings which I will post at a later date. I can't think of a better way to pass the time than painting at The Greenbrier! Second photo above is detail of upper left portion of the anemone bouquet. Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...