Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pink Chintz


Pink Chintz
12x16 Watercolor
140# Arches Rough
$225.00 Unframed, Unmatted
Here is a watercolor painting I completed yesterday. After nearly nine months of painting in acrylic, it felt good to get back to my watercolor palette and brushes - starting with a pink arrangement (of course). I named the painting "Pink Chintz" because it reminded me of the fabric which is referred to as "chintz" (from the Hindi word meaning “spotted”) - it is usually floral fabric with a light colored background, most times cotton or polished cotton. Colors in this painting are all Winsor Newton brand watercolors including Permanent Rose, Rose Madder Genuine, Quin. Red, Aliz. Crimson, Cobalt, Ultramarine, Prussian Blue, Sap Green, Purple Lake, Green Gold, Winsor Green, Quin. Gold, Cad Yellow, Orange and Red, Mang. Blue, Indian Yellow, Transparent Yellow. I did not use all the colors on my palette - but close to it! My watercolor palette closely mirrors my acrylic palette. Second photo shows a portion of the upper right side of this painting. Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...