Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blue Velvet Irises




Blue Velvet Irises
10x10 Acrylic on 1.5" Gallery Wrap Canvas
$95.00 includes Domestic Shipping
Contact Pamela Gatens at catcards@frontiernet.net
Blue Velvet Irises is another in my current Iris Series. This 10x10 gallery wrap canvas is underpainted in Cad Orange - you can see the orange peeking through in selected places. I really like the way a bright underpainting makes the entire painting seem to glow. I have used magenta and periwinkle as underpainting colors in the past, as well as Naples yellow and the usual sienna variations.
After doing some iris surfing on the internet yesterday, I see a lot of work in the Iris Series to be done. I was amazed at the number of different colors of irises one can grow - and the variation and multi-coloring of their petals is incredible! Time to squeeze more color into the palette! I feel some pink or coral irises on the way.
Second and third photos show detail of this current iris painting - mid right and middle sections.
Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...