Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Purples and Pears



Purple and Pears
11x14 Acrylic on 1.5" Gallery Wrap Canvas
$160.00
Purples and Pears was a painting I began while demoing at Tamarack in Beckley last summer. Its inspiration came from a fabric remnant I bought while shopping in Beckley that same weekend. I often get my color inspiration from fabric - textile design has always fascinated me.
This painting is done on a Master's Touch canvas - not my usual Winsor Newton brand. The texture is slightly finer and the color of the canvas is not as stark white as is the color of a Winsor Newton gallery wrap. I like this canvas brand a lot - it is very well made and I think, makes the paint application look more like oil than acrylic. I will be including this painting in the show that The Artists of The Greenbrier are having at The Greenbrier Resort and Hotel this month (December 22-January 1).
Second and third photo show up-close detail bits of this purpley painting. Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...