Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sunflowers For Sale


Sunflowers For Sale
10x10 Acrylic on 1.5" Gallery Wrap Canvas
SOLD
Another Sunflower painting, this time with one of my favorite color combinations: lots of yellows and deep indigo blues. I usually mix either indigo or Prussian blue with a transparent purple for a deep, transparent navy. This color is one of my favorite darks. Along with a deep Hooker's green, it is all the dark a person could want. The deeper the color, the more transparent it should be. I use a minimum of opaque colors, most of them light in value and applied at the end of the painting. Am getting ready for the Christmas Show at The Greenbrier - my days are painting days! Second photo shows petal detail from upper left of my current Sunflower portrait. Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...