Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Analogous Anemones



Analogous Anemones
9x12 Watercolor on 140# Cold Press
$85.00
Be sure to visit
www.dailypaintworks.com
for more of my newer paintings
Anemones and poppies are some of my favorite flowers to paint. Anemones come in such intense colors, they are always a delight to look at - especially in multi-colored bunches! These blue beauties were painted with all the blues on my watercolor palette: manganese, cobalt, ultramarine, Prussian, as well as all my purples, pinks and magentas. I used Indian yellow, Prussian blue and green-gold for the foliage. Green-gold by Winsor Newton makes lovely, transparent leaves and stems, so I use it often. Second and third photos show detail of left and right sides of the blue petals. Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...