Friday, February 17, 2012

Sunflowers in Red Vase




Sunflowers in Red Vase
16x20 Acrylic on Canvas
$325.00 plus shipping
Sunflowers in Red Vase is the first in a series of several paintings using a very limited palette. Included in my sunflower palette are cadmium yellow deep, quin red, ultramarine blue, indigo blue and titanium white. I really enjoyed the brain exercise of mixing just the right colors that the painting called for, especially mixing my own earth tones - the burnt sienna for the flower centers and the yellow ochre for the petals. The color harmony in this painting makes me happy I restrained my palette! Second, third and fourth photos show up-close details of the petals and leaves of my yellow suns. Your comments are alway welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...