Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hollyhocks High & Low



Hollyhocks High & Low
16x20 Acrylic on Canvas
$475.00 plus shipping
Hollyhocks High & Low is one of my all time favorite paintings. Bet you can guess one of the major reasons I like it so much - could be the 20 shades of pink and red found herein! Hollyhocks come in so many different colors - but I am always drawn to the shrimpy colored pink ones. My friend, Jeanne Brenneman, emailed me a picture of her garden's hollyhocks last year and they were tall and gorgeous, and peachy pink. Although she would probably not recognize them, I used her photo as my reference. I used my extended palette on this painting, and had a pink party, as you can see. Second and third photos show detail of the upper left and right of my big hollyhock flowers. Your comments are always welcome.

1 comment:

Nora MacPhail said...

Beautiful brushstrokes! I like all your close up shots of your paintings. Fantabulous!
I am now a follower.
Happy Painting,
Nora

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...