Saturday, January 26, 2013

Daily Daffodils

Daily Daffodils
10x10 Acrylic on 1.5" Gallery Wrap Canvas
Sides painted periwinkle to match painting background
Wired and ready to hang
SOLD
Daily Daffodils is signaling that spring is right around the corner. This winter has not been a bad one (not over yet!), so maybe spring will arrive early - like it did last year. My regular palette was once again used on this painting - cad orange underpainting as well. I did add Diox. Purple to the palette line-up this time, which was totally unnecessary - had I used my Prussian Blue instead. Also used vermilion instead of cad red for my warm red, but feel it is too close to orange to make a good red statement. I always like to sneak my warm Quin Rose light in for final color notes at the end of the painting. Cad red and Quin Rose make the most delicious orange variation - especially useful in red geraniums, of all things! Have started using Quin Magenta in place of Alizarin Crimson also - a bit more blue than crimson, but I like the way it mixes with the blues for those lovely periwinkles and lavenders. Second and third photos show brushwork detail of these early daffodils. Your comments are always welcome. Contact me at catcards@frontiernet.net for purchase or comments.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...