Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Merry Meadow




Merry Meadow
14x14 Acrylic on 1.5" gallery Wrap Canvas
SOLD
Merry Meadow is another fun "warm-up" painting I did the other day before working on a more complicated, larger commission that is in progress. I love doing these happy brushwork paintings - they always use up what's left on my palette, and they are a great exercise to practice basic flowerwork. They also make me look for a good abstract design and a good color distribution pattern. Regular palette colors used with the addition of Quin rose - both deep and light. Underpainting with palette knife applied Cad orange in a linear, angular pattern with lots of white canvas left. Sides are painted a greyed periwinkle to complement the sky color. Email me at catcards@frontiernet.net for comments, purchase or questions.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...