Friday, May 24, 2013

Cozy Arrangement

Cozy Arrangement
20x20 Acrylic on 1.5" Gallery Wrap Canvas
$395.00 plus shipping
My deep purple tabby and her golden sunflowers were painted with a complementary limited palette of purple and yellow. I used four purples and four yellows, plus titanium white. As usual, the canvas was underpainted with light cad orange - this time Liquitex brand which has a slight pink cast to it. At the end I added some green-gold, but felt justified in this since the magenta was very bright and very red. Cozy Arrangement will be one of the paintings hanging in my "Colorful Cats & Flowers" show at Carnegie Hall in Lewisburg during the upcoming months of July and August. It will be in the Auditorium Gallery directly behind the theatre and open during regular weekly business hours (9am-5pm). Come by and see my new flowers and cats, both small and large. Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...