Monday, November 18, 2013

Prairie Petals

Prairie Petals
16x16 Acrylic on 1.5 " Gallery Wrap Canvas
SOLD
Another fun wildflower painting for a Monday morning warm-up. I used an analogous color scheme with a little permanent blue relief. I love doing these wild and wonderful wildflower paintings - they are a great way to start the day! Most of the colors are my regulars - many of them are Liquitex concentrated colors, while the pinks are my standard Amersterdam-Talens Quin roses. Greens were mixed from the Prussian blue, permanent blue or cobalt turquoise plus cad yellow medium and/or titanium white. Quin gold was used in some of the lower stems. The bright orange is not really orange at all, but Winsor-Newton cad yellow deep - a beautiful deep color on its own. Email me at catcards@frontiernet.net to purchase, or see my galleries on either DailyPaintWorks or SaatchiOnLine (see links on the right hand side of this blog page). Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...