Friday, January 31, 2014

Rose Rain

Rose Rain
14x14 Acrylic on 1.5" Gallery Wrap Canvas
$195.00 plus shipping
Contact me at catcards@frontiernet.net or purchase through
DailyPaintWorks by clicking widget to the right of this post
Was in the mood to do another splashy floral, this time in cooler tones. My dark blue is ultramarine, instead of thalo and my dominant red is alizarin instead of cad red. I did use some cad red accents though, to brighten things up a bit. The lighter blue is permanent blue light from Liquitex along with blue violet and lavender, also from Liquitex. Since I wanted very light, warm greens, they were mixed with the permanent blue light and cad yellow medium. I'm really liking the darker tones in the background up top - I think it gives the painting more of a light direction. More contrast - more notice!. Splatters added as a fun finale! Your comments are always welcome.

1 comment:

Jerry Stocks said...

I saw this painting on Daily Paintworks and fell in love with it. I am looking forward to following your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...