Monday, April 21, 2014

White Spring Daffodils

White Spring Daffodils
24x30x1.5" Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas
$475.00
After a long winter, it was time to paint daffodils. I never get tired of painting them - they are a very happy flower! My regular palette was used on this painting - the old 2+2+2+white, but the underpainting was three color this time instead of just one. White Spring Daffodils has an orange/pink/blue underpainting applied in that order from top to bottom. My lovely soft body Liquitex colors when mixed with Liquitex medium create lovely translucent petals and a nicely layered sky. And, of course, Quin Rose made its appearance too. Contact me at catcards@frontiernet.net for purchase/shipping details. Your comments are always welcome.
Visit my DailyPaintWorks Gallery (see link to left of this entry) to see more newly posted paintings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...