Monday, May 26, 2014

Bright Eyed Birman

Bright Eyed Birman
14x14 Acrylic on 1.5" Gallery Wrap Canvas
$195.00 - email catcards@frontiernet.net for details
Here is one of my colorful cats that was painted yesterday in the studio. He is a bright eyed Birman with three shades of blue in his eyes. I've always thought that Birmans look like a cross between Siamese and Maine Coon - I guess it's their big round eyes and thick fur that makes me study them so. This painting has an undercoat of light blue permanent and brilliant purple - both by Liquitex. My usual palette was used again, but this time using mineral blue instead of thalo blue. Winsor Newton's beautiful transparent Burnt Sienna was present on the palette also - a must have for all cat paintings! His bright blue eyes have cobalt, light blue permanent, as well as brilliant purple in them. I really enjoyed taking my time and painting this cat yesterday. Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...