Thursday, June 19, 2014

Blue Poppy Graphic

Blue Poppy Graphic
12x16 - Mats to 16x20
Acrylic on 140# Arches Paper for Oil/Acrylic
$90.00 - ships with white mat in clear sleeve with backer board
Contact catcards@frontiernet.net for details
One of my favorite subjects - Poppies - especially blue or pink. I just finished a mini-series of "Poppy Graphics" on Arches' new paper for oil/acrylic. I love this paper! The paint sits beautifully on the surface, and glides on much easier than on regular watercolor paper. I like the look of the acrylic on this 100% cotton paper - it gives it a great watercolor appeal. Three blues used here, along with my Quin Roses and Cad yellow deep for the foliage mixing. Naples yellow for mixing the centers. A most enjoyable painting to do. Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...