Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Cotton Candy Orchids

Cotton Candy Orchids
20x20 Acrylic on 1.5" Gallery Wrap Canvas
$395.00 - SOLD
I was really "in the pink" yesterday - painting my favorite moth orchids in every shade of pink on my palette! This painting has a multi-color underpainting with lots of blues and greens, and of course, pink and orange - wild and splashy. My usual palette was used - mineral blue and light blue permanent help make the beautiful greens in the foliage and the aquamarine background. Thalo blue might have been used instead of mineral blue - but it seemed too strong for this painting to me. The pinks enjoyed being mixed with cobalt, titanium white, naples yellow for a peachy look, and cad red medium. Winsor Newton's beautiful transparent burnt sienna was used in the stem work and buds. Quin colors always play a big part in my paintings - they snap and crackle and really make a painting glow. I'm off to order some more pink paint! Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...