Monday, January 12, 2015

Himalayan Blue

Himalayan Blue
16x20 Acrylic on 1.5" Gallery Wrap Canvas
$395.00 - Available at The Colony Gallery
at The Greenbrier Hotel, White Sulphur Springs, WV
My Mom had a Himalayan cat many years ago, and I always remember how pretty he was. Beautiful, creamy, thick fur and the bluest eyes ever! He had very dark facial markings too, just like my painting. He was a very pretty puss, and knew it! My Himalayan here was painted with my usual palette. The warm peachy pinks are a mixture of Naples yellow and pink or magenta. His eyes are cobalt and sky blue permanent and his darks are Mineral blue, magenta, burnt sienna and Diox. Purple. The dark periwinkles are Mineral and cobalt with Diox. Purple and white. I loved painting this splashy cat, remembering my mom's pretty puss.
Your comments are always welcome.

1 comment:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Beautiful portrait and wonderful colors, Pamela!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...