Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Thunder Plum

Thunder Plum
24x24 Acrylic on 1.5" Gallery Wrap Canvas
$450.00
Contact artist at catcards@frontiernet.net for purchase and shipping details
Thunder Plum is basically a red, blue, yellow painting with "black" calligraphy. The "black" is actually Payne's Grey - a very dark version. This grey has a deep blue cast and is almost black. I guess I have an aversion to black paint, but I really crave it in abstracts, so I use Payne's instead. The blue is light blue permanent with alizarin mixed in in varying amounts. The "yellow" is buff titanium, one of my favorite background colors for abstracts. Titanium white was added near the last, and the calligraphy was restated at that time also. Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...