Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dr. Sandford's Opossum


Dr. Sandford's Opossum
18x24 Acrylic on Canvas
Gold Metal Frame
$425.00 FREE Domestic Shipping
This painting is a tribute to the opossum that comes to visit our deck both in winter and summer. He's a fine looking opossum with a lovely grey coat. I have shown this painting at several craft shows this past summer and while doing painting demos at Tamarack here in WV. Everyone seems to have a comment about the painting, and some a comment about opossums in general! Kids love this painting - it must be the extra rainbow of colors I put in his fur. I felt that opossums in general needed a paw up, so I painted this "glamour shot" to show that possums are indeed beautiful too. Next, our friend the skunk may need a painting "make over".
The reference photo I used for my possum painting was taken by Floyd Sandford, Professor Emeritus of Biology, Coe College, Cedar Rapids, Iowa. And I thank him. Click on Dr. Sandford's name for a link to his interesting picture packed website.
Second picture above shows the opossum close up and personal. Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...