Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Geranium Reds

Geranium Reds
12x12 Acrylic
1.5" Gallery Wrap Canvas
SOLD
Here is another painting that recently sold at The Greenbrier during our Twelve Days of Christmas Show last month. My friend, Rose Dobbins, said it was her favorite painting of mine in the entire show. I think she is partial to warm colors - so this painting really fit the bill for her. And I enjoyed applying all the reds and PINKS that were necessary to say, "Geraniums". I usually don't go for such a dark background, but in this case I think it worked well. Perhaps with warm colored flowers it was just the thing - something for me to remember! Below is a close-up of brushstroke detail from lower right of the painting.
Your comments are always welcome.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...