Friday, September 23, 2011

Rooster Riot


Rooster Riot
14x14 Acrylic on 1.5" Gallery Wrap Canvas
SOLD
Back to the barnyard to paint another rooster painting, which sold at The Greenbrier soon after its completion. I guess roosters will always be a popular subject for kitchen decoration. I certainly get a lot of interest in them whenever they are displayed. I really enjoyed painting this one because of the contrast in his feathered coat and the chicken-scratch background. Not sure if there exists a rooster breed of this color combo, but there will be soon in my studio - because I plan to paint more rooster brothers for him! His dark body feathers are ultramarine, Prussian and thalo green along with some crimson for depth, while tail feathers have some added manganese, cobalt and magenta. Second photo shows up-close detail of my rooster's handsome face. Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...