Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sunflower Mix


Sunflower Mix
9x12 Watercolor on 140# Cold Press
$89.00
Be sure to visit
www.dailypaintworks.com
for more of my newer paintings
I was in the mood to do a watercolor after all these months of floral acrylics. Think I'll do another! I am always so pleased with the way the scanner picks up all the beautiful paint layers and the way watercolor always reproduces so nicely on my cards. All paint used here is Winsor Newton - basically the same color palette as I use on my acrylics. All these watercolor paints are rated as transparent, with the exception of the Naples Yellow, Cad Yellow, Cad Red and Green-Gold. Winsor Newton makes the most beautiful burnt sienna, in my opinion - it glazes on so nicely. Their transparent orange is a great glazer too. Second photo shows detail from upper left of the painting. Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...