Friday, November 9, 2012

Delicate Daisies



Delicate Daisies
6x6 Acrylic on 1.5" Gallery Wrapped Canvas
SOLD to a Collector in Texas
This warm little painting was done at The Greenbrier Hotel during my regular Saturday demo last month. It is a rather small canvas, so I wanted to paint some sweet, little petite flowers on it. Using my regular palette with the addition of Quin Rose, I went for a very warm look. My usual pattern is to make the background a muted blue grey if the flowers are very warm like these little daisies, but I rather like the gold appearance of this background. Very dark pots and vases are another of my favorites. Second and third photos show the brushwork up close on these perky blooms. Email me at catcard@frontiernet.net for more info or comments.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...