Sunday, September 7, 2014

Map to Candyland

Map to Candyland
20x20 Acrylic on 1.5" Gallery Wrap Canvas
Sides are painted a periwinkle blue
$450.00 - Contact me at catcards@frontiernet.net for purchase/details
Map to Candyland is a straight-from-the-tube painting using palette, icing and putty knives with great joy and abandon! It is always interesting and amazing to me what comes out of the end of my brush (or knife) on any given day. Abstracts for me are very meditative and usually take longer to do than a more realistic floral or cat portrait. Each stroke of the knife changes the look of the previous stroke, each layer shifts and tweaks the one before. It not only needs to dry overnight, but needs a rest from me and my knives - all this before its final bright accents are applied. I think I'll go downstairs and paint another abstract! Your comments are always welcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...